Sundays and Weekly Events
Sunday School. During the school year there is Sunday School for children. The younger children (up through grade 3) attend the beginning of the service with their family, then depart for Sunday School (in the Church Center) following the "Children's Message"; Grades 4-8 will meet with their teacher in the balcony. On the first Sunday of every month, all the children are the "greeters" and they stay at the entire service to learn more about communion (and to partake of it, with their parents' permission). (More...)
Our worship time is 10:00am: VISITORS ARE WELCOME AND EXPECTED!
- Coffee Hour is held in the Church Center following the worship service. ALL ARE INVITED!
- For New-Comers to Our Church. We welcome you and invite you to coffee hour after the service. We are strengthened by your presence, and hope that being here brings blessings to you. If you would like to become a member of the church, please speak to Pastor Deb, who will be happy to help you get the process started. There are three ways to become a member: profession of faith, reaffirmation of faith, or letter of transfer.
the One who awaits your praise!"
- Choir Practice - 9:00am, Sanctuary
10:00AM - WORSHIP SERVICE (worship bulletin)
Sunday March 29, 2015 - Palm Sunday
- Worship Leader: Rev. Deborah Packard - Preacher
- Organist: Sondra Goldsmith Proctor
- Reader: Dick Hutchinson
- Processional Hymn: "All Glory Laud and Honor" - (The children lead the procession into the church as we sing; palm branches waving)
- Anthem: "Hosanna to the Son of David" - Daniel Moe (Westminster Choir)
- Anthem: "Hosanna" - Christian Gregor, arr. James Christian Pfohl (Children's Choir; Kirk Severtson, Piano)
- Sermon: "Between Parades" - Rev. Deborah Packard
- Offertory: "Ah, Holy Jesus?" - Johann Cruger and Johann Heermann
- Postlude: "Prelude on 'Ave Verum Corpus'" - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, arr. E. Power Biggs
- Greeter: Dick and JoAnne Partch -
- Acolyte: Mark Severtson
- Elder/Deacon at the Door: Peggy Burlingame
- Sound Engineer: Brad Hewitson
- Counters: Vernice Church / Kirk Severtson
- Coffee Hosts: Deacons - At coffee hour today, the entire congregation will be assembling and, after coffee hour, delivering food baskets to senior shut-ins.
- Children's Choir Rehearsal today - 11:30am, Sanctuary/li>
Monday, March 30
- Knitting Group - 3:00pm, Center
Wednesday, April 1
- Yoga - 4:00-6:00pm, Center
- Choir Rehearsal - 7:00pm, Room 4
Thursday, April 2
- Ladies GuildParish Paper folding - 9:30
- Maundy Thursday Tenebrae Service with Communion - 7:00pm, Sanctuary
Friday, April 3
- Good Friday Music and Prayers - 7:00pm, Sanctuary
Sunday April 5, 2015 - EASTER
- Choir Practice - 9:00am, Sanctuary
10:00AM - WORSHIP SERVICES
- Prayer/Meditation and Communion - 8:30-9:00am, Sanctuary
- Resurrection Celebration - 10:00am, Sanctuary
Monday, April 6
- Office Closed for Easter Holiday
First Presbyterian Church, Potsdam Two hundred years of faithful
you are looking for a church home, a place to explore your faith, or a place to
volunteer your time and make a difference, the Potsdam Presbyterian Church welcomes
you to join us in our mission in the community and in the world.
encouraged to participate in worship, to join any of our groups and to take part
in all the activities of the church. Our church family welcomes new members and
will be looking for you!
Home Page Features
Rev. Deborah Packard
Rev. Deborah Packard was installed as our new pastor on Sunday, April 28, 2013
Installation Service Bulletin
Pastor Deb's Office Hours
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
The March Parish Paper is now online. (articles for the April Parish Paper are due on or before Thursday, March 26 at noon)
LINK to .pdf version or the
Week of March 29, 2015
Announcements and Sunday Lectionary Readings
"SOUL FOOD" GatheringNOTE: (watch here to see when "SOUL FOOD" reconvenes)
WESTMINSTER CHOIR REHEARSALS
Wednesdays 7pm in Room 4, Center and Sundays 9am in the Sanctuary
NEW MEMBERS WELCOME! (ninth grade through adult)
CHILDREN'S CHOIR REHEARSALS
Sundays (approx.) 11:30-Noon - grades 4-8
(Contact: Sondra Goldsmith Proctor, Music Director, for additional information)
SECRETARY'S OFFICE HOURS
The Church Office is open from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM weekdays
FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR IMPORTANT BUDGET FACTS!
MEMORIAL EASTER LILIES. Every Easter Sunday, we decorate the sanctuary with lilies provided as memorials by members and friends. There will be order forms in the pews and entrances of the sanctuary. The cost is $12.00 per plant. If you would like to buy an Easter lily, please return the order form to the Office with your check by March 29.
ONE GREAT HOUR OF SHARING Easter Sunday is designated as the date for the One Great Hour of Sharing Offering. There will be offering envelopes available in the pews for your convenience. Across the world, millions of people live on less than $1.25 a day and have to survive on very little to no food. By giving to One Great Hour of Sharing, you’re supporting programs working to provide those in need with food and safe water, relief for those affected by crises and catastrophic events, and the tools necessary to improve their lives.
SUNDAY MORNING PRAYER CONCERNS AND PRAYER LIST.
In an attempt to honor the privacy of individuals and ensure that we pray for those who would like us to pray for them, the Pastor will only mention aloud those who specifically ask. If you have a prayer concern that you would like the pastor to share on Sunday Morning, please ask permission from the individual you are sharing about, write it down and place it on the pulpit before the service begins. If you wish to add someone to the prayer list please first ask their permission and then call the church office to add them to the list.
MEMORIAL FUND. Do you want to memorialize or honor someone? Consider contributing to the Memorial Fund. (More...)
NEEDED: Readers for Sunday worship services. Call Shirley Warden (265-4104) to volunteer for this important ministry.
BRING CANNED FOOD ITEMS THE FIRST SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH. Food donations will be blessed with the offering and sent to "Helping Hands" later (More...)
TAX INFORMATION FOR DONORS - (More...)
HELP WANTED for the COMMUNITY DINNERS on the third Thursday of each month. Help is needed for food preparation, cooking, setting up, serving, and cleanup. If you can help in any way, please call Debbie Shipp at 265-0173.
ARE YOU AN ELDER OR A DEACON? Please volunteer to be the "Elder/Deacon at the Door" following the Sunday worship (contact: Peggy Burlingame: 265-9182, email@example.com )
ADULT VOLUNTEERS to provide nursery coverage during Sunday services. Sign-up sheet is posted on the door of classroom 1.
BOTTLE REFUNDS TO HELP FUND OUR CHURCH PROJECTS: Return your bottles to CJ's in the SeaComm Plaza on Market St - and tell them to send your refund to our ROOFING PROJECT.(More...)
RECYCLING PERKS (More...)
IN 2011 WE CELEBRATED OUR 200th YEAR!
A BICENTENNIAL HISTORY OF POTSDAM FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
(excerpts from documents and photos in our archive)
Chapter One: Establishing Our Church, 1811-1820
Chapter Two: The Early History of Our Presbytery
LINK to some photos of our Bicentennial Banquet on Pentecost Sunday, June 12, 2011
VISIT THE BICENTENNIAL WEB PAGE
C.O.R.C. needs our help (to sort and put out clothing) Ask at the store about how / when YOU can help. C.O.R.C. bin is now open and the store is taking donations (need more info? Call Andrea: 265-3940)
MINC Emergency Funds Needed! Funds are critically low. Please help support our neighbors in need. Send contributions to: Marilyn Johnson, MINC Emergency Fund Treasurer, 46 May Road, Potsdam, NY 13676 or mail or hand deliver your check to the Church Office. Make checks payable to MINC, and write "Emergency Fund" on the memo line. (More...)
HELPING HANDS NEEDS: 1) Hands to...