Sundays and Weekly Events
Sunday School. During the school year there is Sunday School for children. The younger children (up through grade 3) attend the beginning of the service with their family, then depart for Sunday School (in the Church Center) following the "Children's Message"; Grades 4-8 will meet with their teacher in the balcony. On the first Sunday of every month, all the children are the "greeters" and they stay at the entire service to learn more about communion (and to partake of it, with their parents' permission). (More...)
Our worship time is 10:00am: VISITORS ARE WELCOME!
- Coffee Hour is held in the Church Center following the worship service. ALL ARE INVITED!
- For New-Comers to Our Church. We welcome you and invite you to coffee hour after the service. We are strengthened by your presence, and hope that being here brings blessings to you. If you would like to become a member of the church, please speak to Pastor Deb, who will be happy to help you get the process started. There are three ways to become a member: profession of faith, reaffirmation of faith, or letter of transfer.
the One who awaits your praise!"
Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Meditation - 9:15-9:45am, Room 2
10:00AM - WORSHIP SERVICE (worship bulletin).
- GUEST WORSHIP LEADER: Rev. Marty Weitz
- READER: Ranota Hewitson
- PRELUDE: "Air" by George Frederick Handel (Sondra Goldsmith Proctor, organist)
- CHORAL INTROIT: "The Prayer Perfect" by Oley Speaks - Westminster Choir (Sondra Goldsmith Proctor, organist)
- ANTHEM: "O Come Ye Servants of the Lord" - by Christopher Tye (Westminster Choir)
- SERMON: "YeS...Even in Buffalo!" - Rev. Marty Weitz
- OFFERTORY: "Meditation" - by Marcel Dupre (Sondra Goldsmith Proctor, organist)
- POSTLUDE: "Finale" - by Marcel Dupre (Sondra Goldsmith Proctor, organist)
- Guest Preacher - Rev. Marty Weitz
- Reader - Ranota Hewitson
- Organist - Sondra Goldsmith Proctor
- Choir Director - Lonel Woods
- Greeter - Beth Grace
- Acolyte - Mark Severtson
- Sound Engineer - Brad Hewitson
- Coffee Hosts - Mary Theisen
- Counters - Dawn Bartow / TBA
Sunday, October 16
- Coffee Hour - after church, Center
Monday, October 17
- OFFICE CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAY
- Pastor Deb away
- Knitting Group - 3:00pm, Center
Tuesday, October 18
- Book Group - 10:00am Center
- Worship and Music Meeting - 11:00am Conference Room
- Session - 7:00pm Conference Room
Wednesday, October 19
- Choir Practice - 7:00pm, Room 4
Thursday, October 20
- COMMUNITY DINNER - serving 5:00-6:30, Center - the local community is invited to this dinner
Friday, October 21
- (no church events or meetings today)
SATURDAY, October 22
- (no church events or meetings today)
First Presbyterian Church, Potsdam Two hundred years of faithful
you are looking for a church home, a place to explore your faith, or a place to
volunteer your time and make a difference, the Potsdam Presbyterian Church welcomes
you to join us in our mission in the community and in the world.
encouraged to participate in worship, to join any of our groups and to take part
in all the activities of the church. Our church family welcomes new members and
will be looking for you!
Home Page Features
Rev. Deborah Packard
Rev. Deborah Packard was installed as our new pastor on Sunday, April 28, 2013
Installation Service Bulletin
Pastor Deb's Office Hours
||Pastor Deb will be away Oct.11-15
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED OCTOBER 10 for INDIGENOUS PEOPLE'S DAY
LINK to a .pdf version of the October Parish Paper.
(Articles for the November Parish Paper
are due on or before Thursday, October 20 at noon)
October 9, 2016
Weekly Announcements and Sunday Lectionary Readings
WESTMINSTER CHOIR REHEARSALS have begun again. We welcome back director Lonel Woods and the singers. If you enjoy singing, the choir members would love to have you join them. Rehearsals are held in room 4 - 7:00-8:00 Wednesdays; and on Sundays, we start in room 4 at 9:00 and then rehearse in the sanctuary until 9:45.
SECRETARY'S OFFICE HOURS
The Church Office is open from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM weekdays.
SUNDAY MORNING PRAYER CONCERNS AND PRAYER LIST.
If you have a prayer concern that you would like the pastor to share on Sunday Morning, please ask permission from the individual you are sharing about, write it down and place it on the pulpit before the service begins. If you wish to add someone to the ongoing prayer list, please first ask their permission and then call the church office to add them to the list.
MEMORIAL FUND. Do you want to memorialize or honor someone? Consider contributing to the Memorial Fund. (More...)
NEEDED: Readers for Sunday worship services. Call Shirley Warden (265-4104) to volunteer for this important ministry.
TAX INFORMATION FOR DONORS- (More...)
HELP WANTED for the COMMUNITY DINNERS on the third Thursday of each month. Help is needed for food preparation, cooking, setting up, serving, and cleanup. If you can help in any way, please call Dave Wells at 265-5325.
ADULT VOLUNTEERS to provide nursery coverage during Sunday services. Sign-up sheet is posted on the door of classroom 1.
BOTTLE REFUNDS TO HELP FUND OUR CHURCH PROJECTS: Return your bottles to CJ's in the SeaComm Plaza on Market St - and tell them to send your refund to our ROOFING PROJECT.(More...)
RECYCLING PERKS (More...)
C.O.R.C. asks for our help 9-12 on the first Saturday of each month(to sort and put out clothing and do other tasks). Ask at the store about how / when YOU can help at other times. C.O.R.C. bin is now open and the store is taking donations. Need more info? Call Andrea: 265-3940
MINC Emergency Funds Needed! Please help support our neighbors in need. Send contributions to: Cynthia Coleman (MINC Emergency Fund Treasurer), 5 Grant St., Potsdam, NY 13676 or mail or hand deliver your check to the Church Office. Make checks payable to MINC, and write "Emergency Fund" on the memo line. (More...)
Helping Hands Donations - fill up the shopping cart in the narthex entryway of the Church. Find out what's needed this month: (More...)
IN 2011 WE CELEBRATED OUR 200th YEAR!
A BICENTENNIAL HISTORY OF POTSDAM FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
(excerpts from documents and photos in our archive)
Chapter One: Establishing Our Church, 1811-1820
Chapter Two: The Early History of Our Presbytery
LINK to some photos of our Bicentennial Banquet on Pentecost Sunday, June 12, 2011
VISIT THE BICENTENNIAL WEB PAGE